Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Bit of Whimsy

A while back I submitted some artwork for a cd jacket to a musician - Annie J Dahlgren  - looking for said art for a soon to be released cd.  The process of making this piece was a bit different in that  the image was conjured up form the lyrics of a song which is to be the title track of the cd.  My interpretation may be a bit literal but I saw some analogies between the cat and her cigarettes and I couldn't resist.   Below are a few snaps of the original layout and the finished product.  If you are interested in the lyrics, they may be found here :  http://alleycatcd.com/lyrics/ 









I believe the cd has not as yet been released but I am curious to know which of the artwork submitted was chosen for the cover.  There were some great entries !!

~LW

 

No comments:

Post a Comment